2.13.2007

Feb 7th SL Music Scene

Last week, I spent an evening hitting a few of the live music venues. My first foray for the evening took me to the Oyster Bay Aquarium (Oyster 22,221.22) for a 7 pm (SL) show. To begin, I was cordially greeted upon teleporting to the show. Manager, Cyanide Seelowe, and owner, Morris Vig casually pointed me in the right direction, which was straight ahead and down..to the ocean floor. Fully detailed as such, complete with fish and a resident shark, the Oyster Bay Aquarium took beautiful advantage of the freedom of SL. The musician, Komuso Tokugawa, lived up to the live blues billing. I enjoyed his take on the blues, including some great guitar/harmonica blends.

















Immediately following, I took myself over to Terrapin Station (DarkStar 221, 47, 27) after a notification from the Further Tribe group and host Starling Glitterbuck. SL musician, Willy Delec, was going to be playing some laid back tunes in the amphitheater. Willy was in top form and played a range of covers, including Grateful Dead, Neil Young, Johnny Cash, Steven Stills, Foo Fighters, Dylan....the list goes on. There was a decent crowd and there were no performance issues on my end. Delec played well beyond the schedulted hour and sounded like he was enjoying every minute of it. The crowd certainly was.


No comments:

Powered by Blogger

Creative  Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.