7.25.2007

We apologize for any inconvenience

This morning I was greeting by a BUILDING NOTICE placed nicely on my work desk. This is not unusual. What was unusual was the content of the notice. The Office of the Building was kind enough to inform me that Warner Brothers will be co-opting the streets surrounding the building on various days for the purpose of filming something called "Rory's First Kiss".

I am assured that my safety is being taken care of. Fortunately for everyone, WB has all the required permits and supervisors from the City of Chicago, the Chicago Police Department, the Chicago Fire Department and the Chicago Transit Authority. Additionally, helicopters used during filming will be coordinated through the FAA and the Mayor's Office.

No big deal, maybe I can use it as an excuse to leave work early.

How many helicopters does a filming of "Rory's First Kiss" merit?

A quick Googling pointed me over to the cinematical.com website. A January 2007 article informed me that it was common knowledge that "Rory's First Kiss" is the not-so-secret code for the Batman flick. Chicagoans have seen the Dark Knight crew poking about here already (see my earlier post for snaps of the old Chicago Post Office masquerading as the Gotham National Bank). I therefore must ask why the continued facade?

No comments:

Powered by Blogger

Creative  Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.