2.19.2008

Bombshell

In more ways than one.

I'm sure this is covered all over the interzone, but reading a Chicago Tribune article about Lohan posing for pictures ala Marilyn Monroe's last photo shoot seemed so laughable as to make me, well, laugh. Insanely. Until weird mucus burbled out of my nose.

I mean, the cover photo for the magazine looked OK. Not the most flaterring picture of Lohan I've seen, but OK.

So, Bert Stern, the photog for the 1962 Monroe shoot did the recreation with Lohan in a blonde wig. This shoot came 6 weeks prior to Monroe's death via an overdose of barbiturates (so says the article). The cover pic has Lohan holding a sheer bit of material that barely covers her bareness. I'm not sure how risque the other photos in the mag are, but I expect they are daring enough.

This awesomeness continues as we know the Lohan has had multiple rehab stints, 2 drunk driving arrests and a cocaine charge. Lohan notes that Monroe's death was tragic and the article quotes Lohan as saying "I sure...wouldn't let it happen to me." Famous last words, eh?

The photog seemed to think this was going to give Lohan a chance to appear like an adult, as opposed to her playing a stripper in a movie, showing cooch in public and getting busted for drunk driving. Let's face it, being a grown up means taking your clothes off for everyone!!!!!!! And I thought that was a sign your little kid had reached the "strip down and streak the neighborhood" stage.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger

Creative  Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.