4.15.2008

Encroachment

After the authorities waved away claims of a large, wild cat roaming the greater Chicagoland area, the CPD was forced to deal with exactly that yesterday.

Police shot and killed a cougar on Chicago's Roscoe Village neighborhood.

I can't say that I'm pleased that this animal was gunned down like John Dillinger. However, I don't expect the police to be equiped to deal with this in any other way. Given the high population density of the area, safety concerns are paramount in dealing with a cat that is in excess of 5 feet in length and weighing in at 150 pounds.

I just wish they could have gotten their act together before it came to this.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi,
i was absolutely mortified to hear about this police brutality. Needless to say, I cried alot...yes, you are right, they could have handled this properly, like perhaps tranquilizing the poor cat, and sending him back into the wild , where he belongs...I am still haunted by the footage of the poor cougar running between alleys, out of fear and confusion..and then seeing his lifeless body ploped in the middle of the street, it was more than I can handle...i dont think he would have been a threat to anyone, and even if he was, shooting him was NOT the answer...:-( ( im crying as I write this,honestly)

fj said...

what a waste...

Powered by Blogger

Creative  Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.