9.04.2006

Wrong Side of the Tracks

I was perusing some forums and noticed a comment that the Satyr sim in SL was undergoing a retrofit and going with a tiki theme for the time being. I hadn't been over there in a bit, really not since I was "invited" via IM by someone who didn't appreciate my SL profile. That was fun!

I TP'd over to Satyr and poked about. There were a few folks around but by and large, nothing was really going on. One of the avatars gave me a flyby, but apparently determined that I was harmless and left me unmolested. Though not complete, the tiki atmosphere was pretty well done. After walking around and taking a few pics, I made my way to the mall in residence, which was decently built and spacious, but had the most annoying musical loop playing. I walked right out, but went back in the interest of a complete sim experience. There was some interesing stuff for sale, but I really couldn't concentrate (or didn't want to) with the sound loop going and eventually crashed. I'm not going to blame the sim lag. It could have been anything. I did, however, take that as a sign to end my meandering for the evening.
I would have purchased the damn hobo kit (see below) if it hadn't been for that awful cacaphony and my subsequent ouster from the grid.

As you can see from the pics, there are some edgy elements at play, but that is part of what I love about SL. It isn't terribly offensive and actually took a bit of snooping to get the shots, so it isn't the kind of thing LL likes to call "readily visible" to the casual observer. Sorry Furries, but the de-furrestation sign and the freakish, hanging bunny made me laugh. You have to take most of this with a grain of salt. Some people may find it mean spirited, but there is plenty of SL culture that doesn't pass muster with 100% of the population.







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i have to admit that sign with the kid on it cracked me up. i totally want the hobo outfit! we can wander the grid begging for spare change, weeeee.

Powered by Blogger

Creative  Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.