10.10.2006

YouTube Video BLogging: The LG15 Affair

I have, up until now, been blissfully unaware of the YouTube video blogging phenomenon. I knew it existed and have seen an odd vid or two on the site, I just didn't realize how much time the average person was spending just talking to the camera. People are doing this in much the same way as forums are done. All the bizarre interaction is there. Drama, name calling, censored vids, people role playing a character online. I think I stumbledupon one to start the ball rolling this evening. A while later, I was glassy eyed from following the inane trail of the Lonelygirl15 saga. She is a young vblogger with a boyfriend and a strange religion. She's naive and fresh.....well, no, she's an actress and it's all a trumped up multilayered story enacted by this girl and her cohorts. It's entertaining. Even the people complaining are entertaining in a weird church bus wreck on the highway sort of way.

OMG the Zodiac of Denderah! When's the ceremony! Did Daniel really cross the line! OMG monkeyfemme thinks youtube shouldn't have fake people on it, it's for social interaction and learning about people! OMG a freaky guy with huge eyes that talks funny talking about mp3 rips!

People really are putting themselves out there, from the safety of their bedrooms. Brings to mind the movie Pulse (Japanese Title: Kairo).

I can't believe this girl splashed all over the media, including Letterman, while I turned a blind eye to it all. I'm no longer YouTube ignorant. I probably wish I were, but onward and upward!

I almost forgot the drahma and the FREAKY GUY!

No comments:

Powered by Blogger

Creative  Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.