12.11.2006

Whatcha Sellin'?

Took a brief roll through some of the corporate sims on SL: Reebok, Adidas, Pontiac, Nissan. Some good things, some bad. I don't have any particular issues with the concept of corporations in SL, so I won't spend any effort in demeaning them from the corporate greed, ruination of SL, us vs them angles. However, I wasn't that impressed by the overall experience. The sims are empty and a few were not complete and in a general state of disarray. I twice TPd in underneath buildings. The two auto sims were more impressive, but not remarkably so. I did find the cars themselves pretty snazzy (in that they looked like they should), but the driving experience was what any savvy SL driver has come to expect. I was able to drive my Nissan into a ditch. I took a Solstice demo for a brief spin but didn't quite get my driving instincts honed before the demo was over. Reebok offered some semi-customizable kicks, while Adidas had a nice look, but did not appear anywhere close to finished.

Check out the snaps.




No comments:

Powered by Blogger

Creative  Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.