5.24.2007

What's up SL?

There was an update. There was a blog entry. No mention of the friend list nonsense. Still semi-unworkable for me. I should say, it is back to unworkable. I had a functional list briefly. Maybe it'll be better today. Maybe I should re-update my video card.

The blog did mention that there was an issue with group voting IMs. Read it here.

In other news, the sculpted prims are a go. This has been fun, if for no other reason than it has renewed my interest in Blender. I had put it aside a long time ago, having no real reason to bother with it. It isn't as much of a pain as I was led to believe. In fact, many of the things I had heard people have issue with, are actually more to my style of interface. I encourage people to figure out the sculpted prims. The wiki has some good info. Also check here for some helpful tips.

Additionally, an earlier Linden Blog announcement noted the LL acquisition of Windward Mark, the developers of WindLight, which will provide atmospheric rendering in Second Life. In a perfect world, this is a great addition. However, there remains the issue of implementation and impact. At least it looks remarkable from a distance. Check out Torley's pics.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger

Creative  Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.