9.11.2007

Zing


Jamaica Hell Fire Doc's Special Hot Sauce.

I love this stuff. Allspice gives some great flavor, followed quickly by a heat spike. I've seen some reviews claiming otherwise, which could be a result of inconsistent method, but the one bottle I've had has a nice freakin' kick. I'll have to get another bottle to compare, but for now I'm enjoying the hell out of the one I have.

In case you care:

The chemical in the peppers called Capsaicin irritates the pain receptor cells in the mouth, nose and throat (trigeminal cells). Brain gets passed a note and responds by kicking out some endorphins (the body's natural pain relief). At the same time, consumer gets increased heart rate, metabolism, salivation, sweating, and runny nose.

Natural pepper high ensues. Must have more. Next thing you know, you are flopping at abandoned houses and selling your Mom's toaster for pepper money.

Check out the International Society of Hot Sauce Aficionados for pepper and sauce links.


Sweet
Flush
Heat
Rush

No comments:

Powered by Blogger

Creative  Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.