10.23.2007

Just a Nip

A brief discussion led me turning my back on the gin aisle upon my next trip to the liquor store. I went for something different. Bauer's Obstler, an Austrian Eau de Vie. A strong, colorless apple-pear brandy.

I muscled open the flip top bottle seal and took a sniff. It was a familiar scent, very reminiscent to me of Cutty Sark. Strong. The liquor smell was prevalent, but the crisp fruit scent came softly behind.

The taste of the fruit came upfront, leading a a crisp tart turn into a nice burn.


2 comments:

ElectronikBrain said...

It's no Poire Williams but it will do, especially at half the price. Serve straight from the freezer. I am drinking some now and the world seems, at least for a moment, calm and peaceful.

GL said...

Prost!

Powered by Blogger

Creative  Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.