10.24.2007

Nuts

Cinnamon brown sugar flavored Blue Diamond Natural Roasted Nuts, that is. I hit the snack aisle in search of some unsalted peanuts. Typically I just get the raw almonds and pecans they have over in the produce section, but today I was craving something roasted. The Vanilla flavored nut actually caught my eye and while I pondered what exactly vanilla flavored almonds would be like, I noticed these beauties on the next shelf up. The nuts also come in No Salt and Sea Salt varieties.

The flavor brings to mind the days of my youth. Taking a warm, toasted slice of bread, letting a few pats of butter melt over the top, and sprinkling a nice mix of sugar and cinnamon over the top. We had a small tin with perforated top at the ready with just the perfect mixture of cinnamon and sugar. The perfect amount of butter would meld with the sugar-cinnamon mix to form a beautiful, sweet paste.

My only complaint is that it quite clearly states "pop the lid, pour a handful" and the top definitely requires unscrewing. On the plus side, the side of the see-through plastic container has measuring levels marked in one ounce increments.

I'll have to give the vanilla almonds a try. [Gave the vanilla a try. Very subtle flavor. Almost reminiscent of vanilla ice cream....if you are slightly insane and smoke three packs a day.]



No comments:

Powered by Blogger

Creative  Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.