11.20.2007

Primeval Sludge

Have you ever found your remote in the freezer? Of course you have. Who hasn't?

This is a tale that doesn't involve remote controls or the freezer. It is, however, a mystery of grand import.

What the F is that?

I was cleaning out the crisper in the refrigerator. I do keep it clean, but tucked nicely in the back corner was an innocuous zip lock baggy. I had never noticed it. I never open the drawer that far. I just pull out the cilantro or some fruit and kick it closed. I don't know how this organic play dough got there, what its purpose is, and I certainly don't know what the hell it actually is.

It is small in quantity and rather pale in color. It is soft to the touch initially, but resistant overall and, though seemingly amorphous, the nugget maintains whatever shape it has chosen for itself. The mass has decent heft for its size. There are no bad indications of the type you might suspect. No foul odor, no fungus, no residual slime. It is neatly tucked inside two zip lock baggies. It is a mystery.

I put it back, just in case I should have cause to prevent an intergalactic war with it. Or perhaps I felt the pleas of a million microscopic beings in the throes of cataclysmic panic. You just never know about these things.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

how random, though it looks like dough ready to be made into bread >.>
<.<

GL said...

Dough seems like a good possibility. To my knowledge, the only dough I have is safely awaiting its explosive birth from a Pilsbury tube. Nevertheless, other than alien artifact (which is my personal belief), I don't have another probable explanation.

Powered by Blogger

Creative  Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.