7.10.2008

You Lazy Sons of Bitches

There are two main newspapers in Chicago, the Chicago Tribune and the Chicago Sun Times. I don't count the the Red Eye, the Trib's children's version of news that is marketing to the kiddies in their 20s that haven't made the step up to real news yet. I shouldn't even count the Sun Times, whose main selling point is that it opens like a book and is therefore easier to read in transit - you know, for those ham-handed fuckwits that can't handle the Trib's traditional fold style while on the El. Those few that aren't actually listening to there Pods, shouting at their phone or pounding thumbs on their all-too-important emails.

I suppose you can guess that I prefer the Tribune. It's not solely due to their ownership of the Cubs, I just think they do a better job....or do they?

In my DayWatch daily email from the Trib, I was helpfully directed to the Sun Times. Are you fucking kidding me?


Here, the Trib gremlins helpfully start my day off with more discussion of Rev Jackson wanting to cut off a presidential candidate's balls for being too all inclusive and not wanting to damage his chances of election (and negate his overall message) by pandering to a limited section of the US voting populace.


But here.....here is where it all goes awry. To see The Mayor doing a Sox commercial or find out what local assclown, Mike North, is up to....I should link myself over to the Sun Times?




Not only that, but apparently The Onion stories are major news. It's small wonder these folks are still making a living at this.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger

Creative  Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.